University of the Nations - College of the Arts & Sports ATS 263
The School of Music in Missions (SOMM) is part of Youth With A Mission's University of the Nations, College of the Arts & Sports. It trains musicians in the areas of music ministry (worship & evangelism), Christian character, missions and the music business. The SOMM should not be the first step into music ministry, but may be the "next" step for those who have some experience in music ministry and have a desire to use their musical gifts in missions.
The course consists of 2 phases:
Phase one - three months of training. Phase two - three months of outreach.
The costs will vary depending on location and where the outreach will take place. Costs include tuition, materials, room & board and some local travel (every student is responsible to get themselves to and from the school.
* Training in music theory
* Pop/rock band arranging
* Sound system
* How to make a CD - Recording, Publishing, Cover design
* Stage productions and presence
* Music Business (communications and marketing)
* Worship Leading
* Putting feet to your vision
* Christian world view and the arts
* Private lessons
* Team Building
* The Life of One who Ministers
* And Much More?
* NO YWAM DTS required. DTS graduates will get University of the Nations credit. Other students will get U of N Certificates for completion.
* Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
* Intermediate level of musical development
* Positive reference from pastor or other spiritual leader or YWAM leader
* A passion for God, a love for the body of Christ and a desire to reach the lost
We believe that God is the master plan of this program and his heart is the development and personal growth of the musician's character, abilities, understanding, vision, values, skills and creativity are some of the highlights of the school.
SCHOOL OF MUSIC IN MISSIONS IN SANTA FE 2015 April 6 - June 27: Training phase
June 28 - Aug 28: Outreach phase (Launch the Sangre de Cristo Arts & Culture Center in Santa Fe and take regular ministry trips to the surrounding Indian Reservations. One team may do a short tour of Honduras.)
- $3,200 for North America, Europe, Australia
- There are discounts for those from developing nations. Write to inquire.
- $2,000 - 2,700 ( To be determined)
APPLICATIONS ARE SENT UPON REQUEST. EMAIL- SOMMSANTAFE@GMAIL.COM
ALSO FEEL FREE TO CALL KAREN LAFFERTY (SCHOOL LEADER) AT +1-505-471-5872 OR EMAIL TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.
OTHER UPCOMING SOMMs
For websites for these locations visit www.ywam.org and search directories
New Castle, Australia
October 2914 - January 2015: In session now 2014